2021 CNBC Disruptor 50

Each year, CNBC releases a list of 50 fast-growing and innovative private companies on the path to becoming the next generation of great public companies. The list has historically been a good indication of the emerging megatrends that are transforming the world.

Here’s how some of the companies from the 2019 and 2020 lists have performed since their IPO:

• Peloton (+348%)
  • Palantir (+168%)
  • SoFi (+115%)
  • Lemonade (+53%)

Which companies on this year’s list do you believe are the most promising?

1 Like

I’m watching the following:

• Guild Education: just raised a monster round from D1
  • Airtable: great tool that I use personally and professionally
  • Patreon: leading creator economy plan
  • Plaid: leading fintech API business
  • Discord: $10B Microsoft acquisition fell through…huge community play
  • Stripe: hotter IPO candidate than SNOW?
2 Likes

That’s a solid list. I wonder how the markets will react to a Stripe IPO given their most recent (and enormous) private round valuation. Snowflake’s excitement seems to have fizzled out as it’s back to trading near IPO price (which is still significantly higher than their last private round valuation early last year).

Hi Saad,
The companies in the list you posted are interesting.

However, The % gains in your list seem from the pre-trading price. Mere mortals can only buy after the first trade. I don’t think that % gain is very relevant. Correct me if I am wrong.

Example: AirBNB - i believe it is flat at best.

You’re right! I’ve adjusted the numbers to reflect more accurate returns.

On a side note, this is also why I generally never buy IPOs. Best to wait a few quarters for the hype to settle (as the case with $ABNB).

1 Like

The saying is “It’s probably Overvalued”

Palantir all the way but wouldn’t touch their stock since they have huge deals with the IDF.

I checked couple of names in CNBC Disruptor 50 companies it seems they are still private, not sure when the IPO is going to be to get early in the run.