How Can I Learn About Investing?

If I were to start learning about investing, I would begin by reading everything about value investing, starting with an introductory book, such as “Invest Like a Guru”, moving to all books written on Warren Buffett’s investing style, and then reading all Buffett’s letters to the shareholders. Then, I would read “Competitive Strategy” by Michael Porter, and “The Intelligent Investor” and “Security Analysis” by Benjamin Graham. I would also watch all Berkshire annual meetings on YouTube.

Investing in individual companies requires solid knowledge, in my opinion. That solid knowledge needs time and effort to build. It doesn’t happen overnight.

That’s how I would do it, but it doesn’t mean that my method is correct. It’d just a personal opinion.

What about you?

How would you learn about investing?

I’m sure these are all good books, but I believe the Muslim investor needs to go one step further and take into consideration Shariah-compliance of their investments.

2 Likes

Of course. Absolutely.

But before thinking about investing, one needs to think about saving, first. I think one the best books to build healthy spending and saving habits is “The Millionaire Next Door”.

Which is the first book… I should read to start investing?

1 Like

I’m obviously biased here :smile: but I recommend my book as a starting point: Halal Wealth.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0959BG47F/

@Irfanthaha If you haven’t already, also check out our free email course: