@UmarA's Small Cap Picks

I invest in International stocks via Interactive Brokers. They cover 30 odd countries including Poland , where Mo Bruk is listed. I own Mo Bruk directly in Poland.

Often there are sponsored ADRs listed in USA. These are usually on OTC / Pink sheets.

Not a reco.

Opened a position in MKTY at 7.65.

It’s a BTC miner, so is linked to BTC price as well as it’s own performance as a business.
A few articles on SeekingAlpha explain it.

Exited CPH.TO at 1.98, +68% return.

MBR announced this last week that they doubled H1 Net Income and EBITDA vs Last Year.

Two comments

1. Feel free to take or leave the annualised return. Over time it will become more meaningful to me I think.
  2. Note to self - the last time I was doing well, like this, I then picked starting picking a load of rubbish because I got overconfident about it all.

Usual caveats…penny stocks like these are high risk, can drop 30% the next day for no reason, and can go to zero. So be careful, and none of these are recommendations…they are just ideas that I have invested in among others. I’m a beginner/novice investor.

Sold my BEW position at cost.

Bought a couple of energy stocks recently RE4 (singapore) and LUNE (sweden)

1 Like

Usual caveats…penny stocks like these are high risk, can drop 30% the next day for no reason, and can go to zero. So be careful, and none of these are recommendations…they are just ideas that I have invested in among others. I’m a beginner/novice investor.

Pretty happy alhamdullilah with performance…just hoping the markets stay stable!

Hey As Salaam Walaikum Umar,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop with your journey. Wondering what made RE4 and LUNE interesting for you? Rookie investor here. Sorry if the question is super basic

They are in the energy space and very cheap, in the context of commodity prices going through the roof recently. So they have the opportunity to generate serious FCF (relative to market cap) if prices stay high. I wanted some commodity stock in my portfolio for diversification also.

Note they are in off-the-beaten-track countries which is higher risk, and energy is not an area I know anything about - other than the prices are going sky high.

RE4 has an investor presentation which explains it in better detail!

1 Like

Thanks man! That’s very helpful :smiley:

SLNH (was MKTY) now +113%…in 3 months.

Sold my SLNH position at 14.61 +91% return in 102 days.
Will probably buy this again when BTC looks more bullish. Still an awesome situation.

Awesome @UmarA! Really appreciate the continued tracking. I’m going to rename the Topic title so it can easier for people to catch along.

Thankyou. I was thinking same thing. Going to have a go at LargeCap Stock Picks one soon, probably this weekend iA. Totally different strategy but see what happens.

T. Usmani is founding chair of AAOFI.