New Feature: Screen ETFs and mutual funds for shariah compliance (Beta)

Salaam everyone! I’m excited to announce that ETFs and mutual funds are finally coming to Zoya. This has been one of our most requested features since our launch and we can’t wait to share it with you.

If you’re a Zoya Pro subscriber, you can get early access to the beta by filling out this form.

Drop any questions or feedback below. :point_down:

16 Likes

Awesome, I can’t wait to see this!

3 Likes

Walaikum Assalam,
By the way what is beta?
JazakumAllah khair.

Can’t wait to use it. I signed up for the Beta.

When will the beta be activated for users who have registered?

Is this feature available for Pro subscribers

Soon insha’Allah! Adding some final touches. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Is this feature already out? And would it be available for users who haven’t upgraded to Zoya Pro?

Is this feature available to Pro subscribers now. I was planning to upgrade to pro if it is available.

Hey Syed and @Hasan_Rauf
Sorry I didn’t get around to you guys earlier. I’ll answer both together.

The ETF Screener hasn’t launched yet, and yes it will be for Zoyans on the Pro plan. We’re putting together final touches and we’re super excited for people to give us their feedback. Love hearing that Zoyans are looking forward to it as well.

1 Like

UPDATE
Super excited to give you all the news that this feature is now up and out! All Zoya Pro users, go ahead and update your app and you’ll see a brand new tab for funds! Looking forward to all feedback, but mostly super excited to see how you all take advantage of this future!

We even cover Shariah Certified funds so go ahead and take a look!

I don’t think you understand just how excited I am!
Let’s Goooooooo!!!

6 Likes

Salamu alaykom,

is there any way in the app to filter out the Halal ETFs? Right now, the only way I found is to open each and every one of them to see if they are indeed halal. As a pro user of the app, I don’t find it very user friendly.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, @bloodysoul. The feature is still in beta so you can expect it to get better over time. Happy to share that an improved search/filtering experience is already on the roadmap.

That said, the reality is that most ETFs will not be fully “halal” out of the box so it really boils down to your personal tolerance level of what you’re comfortable investing in. The better option, in my opinion, would be to use a service like M1 Finance to create a “pie” of just the compliant holdings of the ETF you’re interested in. You’ll have full control over the individual holdings and you can invest in the pie with the same ease as buying the ETF itself.

I love the ETF and mutual fund shariah compliance screener. It would be great if users can filter funds based on compliance percentage or something like that. Right now, it’s not a great way to discover funds that have high compliance but it’s a good way to check the compliance status of specific funds. What is the timeline to improve the filter?

3 Likes

I don’t have a timeline but I’m happy to share that sorting/filtering by compliance % is already in the works.

1 Like

Are there any resources available on how to purify assets based on compliance/non compliance of a fund for someone who already invested in a fund before? Like if someone invested in VTI, how can they purify their funds every year based on the compliance report from Zoya.

Hello,
Does anyone know what ETCs are halal? If not, what materials companies are halal.
Thank you