👋 Salaam and welcome! Who's out there?

Salaam,

Glad to see this forum. I’m Mahmoud, based out of Texas. Started investing with $500 in 2015 and still consider myself a newbie. I have no clue how I came across Zoya, but it’s been very useful MashaAllah.

Stock I’m most interested in is TWLO

4 Likes

Salams all. I am Hesham from Illinois. New to investing since last month. Eager to learn and honored to be in your company.

1 Like

Salam All !

I am glad that I joined this community . I am also thankful to Zoya for this nice service and app to screen for Halal stocks . Looking forward for more services and improvements .

I am interested in USA and Europe equities . I currently hold 100 stocks :open_mouth: and doing well . I have also invested in Crypto .
There are many stocks that I am excited about - Some are :

Cloudflare [NET]
Crowdstrike [CRWD]
Sea ([SE]
Roku [ROKU]

Ready for any support you need.

Best
Naif from Saudi Arabia

3 Likes

السلام عليكم

Glad to be joining this community!

I am Farhan Ahmed, originally from New York, currently based out of Michigan. By trade I am a software engineer.

Not entirely new to finance; but hoping to learn good habits (and jettison bad one :wink:) and pick up concepts and understanding of how all of this works.

2 Likes

Salaam all,

Excited to be part of the Zoya community. Looking to learn from everyone here.
Congratulations on an excellent product to team Zoya! Keep up the good work.

My name is Adib Motiwala. I am the managing member of Motiwala Capital , a Registered Investment Management firm in Dallas, Texas. We offer separately managed investment accounts investing in public equities.

2 Likes

Salam everyone,

I recently decided to direct my modest investments myself because I was not satisfied with the performance of the mutual funds my bank was investing in. I also wanted more control in determining the “Halal-ness” of my portfolio.

3 Likes

Salaams y’all,

Osama from Ohio, Engineer, idk about 10 years but rn excited about BNTX, TSLA, And Semiconductor stocks (ASML & TSM).

Love this idea. @saad will this eventually be part of the Zoya app?

1 Like

Very nice video with Sh Joe, thanks for sharing Juan!

1 Like

Thank you akhi for your comment. May Allah bless you.

1 Like

I like your stock picks MashAllah

Welcome, @ohassen! We haven’t decided that just yet but it’s definitely something we plan on exploring.

1 Like

If there is a thread for a given stock ( say by Ticker ), maybe the app provides that link to jump to the community discussion around it. Could be a premium feature :slight_smile:

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I am Khaled Ibraheem from Saudi Arabia. I live in Riyadh. I worked in academia for a while then involved in solar energy EPC and Development.
I invest mainly in growth stocks.

2 Likes

Assalam Aleykom y’all:

1. My name is Morad Elwir I am a Project Manager at a large engineering firm dealing with Real Estate and Land Development projects in the commercial and single family homes industry.

2. I am located in Dallas, TX

3. Too many to pick from but I’ve been interested in dividend stocks, Tech stocks in general and Crypto has been a hot topic lately that I would love to learn more about.

Excited about this community hope to learn a lot from everyone involved.

2 Likes

Halooooo. at last we have the community to contribute

1 Like

Assalaam alaykum,
I am Mustapha and I live in Toronto.I am originally from Nigeria.
I got into stocks about 3 months ago and even though,I tried my best to scrutinise each potential stock, I became increasingly worried about unknowingly buying stocks with haram values.Then I came across the Zoya app and the app has been really helpful as all I have had to do each time I found a potential stock is,type it in the Zoya app to see if it is a Red Flag or not.
I also like the periodic notifications from Zoya as regards the halal/haram status of each stock in my Zoya portfolio.
My favorite stock is SHOPIFY and I am excited about sharia-compliant ETFs.

3 Likes

Salaam,

1. My name is Raihan Karim. I’m excited to see such a platform. Think I’m younger than many here haha, soon to be graduating from the London School of Economics iA. Have an interest in finance, currently interning at the London Stock Exchange.

2. Located in London, UK

3. ETH all the way!

2 Likes
  1. Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself.
    Asalaamualaikum, I’m Hero Mohammad and it’s nice to meet you all.

2. Where are you located? Houston, Texas

3. What stock (or any other investment) are you most excited about holding for the next decade

DOGE to the moon Insha’Allah and whatever sukuks I can find, message if you know of good ones

2 Likes
  1. Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself.
    Assalaamualaikum, I’m Mohd Ely
  2. Where are you located?
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  3. What stock (or any other investment) are you most excited about holding for the next decade
    Sharia-compliant ETFs
3 Likes

Salam everyone!

I’m so excited for this wonderful community!

1. My name’s Asil. I’m a screenwriter, filmmaker, and actor. I started investing in stocks about 7 years ago, and I absolutely love it alhamdulilah.
  2. I live in Windsor, Canada
  3. I’ve been buying a few stocks from the Motley Fool Stock Advisor monthly picks, so I’m excited to see how those pan out inshaAllah.
4 Likes