👋 Salaam and welcome! Who's out there?

Today is a milestone on the roadmap of Zoya. With the launch of this community, we will connect with each other and in doing so unlock the power of many.

There are many things we are going to achieve together. We’ll share industry insights, answer each other’s questions, we’ll debate businesses, offer opinions and uncover great new investments. But the one aspect I’m most enthused about is the sense of belonging and friendship that I know emerges when you’re with like-minded people from around the world. Our common objective is to invest well: in knowledge, relationships and, of course, in stocks.

When contributing to this community please just be yourself. Do not be deterred by that natural reluctance to speak in public. Your opinion might just lead to us towards uncovering the greatest investment of our lives.

So let’s get the community ball rolling. If you’re comfortable doing so, answer the following questions:

1. Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself.
  2. Where are you located?
  3. What stock (or any other investment) are you most excited about holding for the next decade?

Saad Malik
Co-Founder & CEO, Zoya

24 Likes

Hi All!

Excited to interact with everyone.

1. I am Muhammad, a professor in a college of pharmacy and an ICU pharmacist. Hoping to continue to learn how to optimize my finances for my future in a halal shariah compliant way.
  2. I am in New Jersey, the best state in the US!
  3. I am very excited about ethereum. I think decentralized finance is going to have a huge role in the future and ethereum will be an important backbone to it.
9 Likes

Excited for this community!

1. Safeer Mohiuddin - Author of muslim.finance. Also run a $10M real estate fund.
  2. Bay Area
  3. Hard to pick one! I buy a basket of stocks every week.

Keep up the good work Zoya team!

7 Likes

Salaam Everyone,

• Farhan Khalid, author of Open the Door to a Wealthier Life and my latest book Halal Wealth
  • Chicagoland
  • Looking forward to seeing how some ETFs perform, such as HLAL, SPUS, and SPRE
5 Likes

Assalamualaikum everyone,

I am Azam, founder of investofy halal Investing channel.

I am from Houston, Texas

I am really excited about the Crypto Internet Computers ICP as it has huge potential for Growth.

3 Likes

Salam all,

1. Moez here. I’m an investment analyst. CFA. Create halal investing content (@halal.investor) on Instagram and tiktok.

2. Waterloo, Canada

3. Crowdstrike.

9 Likes

As Salamu Alaikum,

My name is Juan, I have been involved in the stock market and investing for over a decade. I am located in Texas. I am the founder of Prosperitrade https://youtu.be/AccRiSEVmB4 where I discuss halal stocks. Zoya is a big part of my choosing stocks.

4 Likes

@jvaldestrade1 on insta, tiktok, twitter and stocktwits

2 Likes

Assalam alaykum all
Ahmad Camara from the San Francisco Bay Area. Interested in personal wealth management and using Zoya as one of the filters for my portfolio.
I am excited about the crypto and the tech space in general (NVIDIA, AMD, etc…) as I believe that data is the new oil.

2 Likes

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Hi I am Kazi Mohammed Rayatul Hoque. I am based in Melbourne and work in the lift industry.
I am excited about the potential of the Zoya community in general and closely following trends in the crypto space. Energy stocks and technology raw materials are my interest area and hoping to utilize Zoya app to screen stocks.

2 Likes

Assalam walaikum to all

I am Mahin Soleja from Kanpur, India

I would like to thank Zoya founders, they made my work really easy for halal stock screening.

I am just an individual investor. Bullish on American equities in general.

4 Likes

السلام عليكم

This is Mohamed Noweir, am based in Dubai

My background is in software and marketing. I am an angel investor and currently also a VC partner in Endurecap working on our second fund investing in Africa.

Zoya is my go to app to signal out compliant interesting value stocks :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Assalamu alaikum, glad to be a part of this!

My name is Gabriel, I am a retail pharmacy manager for a large chain.

I live in New Mexico currently, but am planning to move to Denver Metro area or Dallas-Ft. Worth area soon insha’Allah.

I’m excited to see where this community goes, and I want to express gratitude to everyone who has helped make Zoya. I cannot say enough what a blessing for our community it is to be able to benefit from the booming economy while remaining safe from investing in questionable things.

5 Likes

Salaam everyone, got introduced to Zoya by a mutual friend and has helped me sleep better at night ever since :wink:

1. Fitri (see here for Work; here for Personal)
  2. Singapore
  3. $TSLA :slight_smile:

Keep up the fantastic work Zoya team!

4 Likes

Salaam everyone :wave:

• I’m Yasin, a software engineer with an interest in finance and business.
  • Currently back in Morocco, after a few years in the Bay Area (still working remotely with my last start-up/employer).
  • Doubt I can be excited about holding something for a decade (excitement is generally short-lived), but I’m looking forward to seeing more and better options for aligning finances and my moral/ethical commitments.
2 Likes

Salam Aleykum. My name is Malik. I’m a pilot and I live in Moscow. I’ve been investing in stock just since 2020 so I’m a beginner. I would like to become competent in this topic and to share my experience with you.

3 Likes

Salaam all,

Just reading the bio of first 15 people is pretty impressive and almost intimidating. But excited to know that wealthy and successful Muslims are interested in Halal income. May Allah give us all barakah-filled halal/tayyib provisions and make us grateful to Him.

1. I am Salahuddin. An average developer in technology. Total newb in investing world (pandemic found Zoya :slight_smile: ). Extremely happy to be able to lean on Zoya to buy and sell stocks with the chump change I have, Alhamdulillah.

2. Live in Jersey.

3. I haven’t sort out investing for 10 months yet. So let’s see what the future holds.

Nice to “meet” y’all.

7 Likes

Hello! Really excited about this space. Looking forward to taking in all the knowledge here (I’m an absolute rookie so not sure if I have much to contribute just yet)

I’m Firoze, working out of the Bay area as an Android developer.
Holding for the next decade? Honestly the things that come to mind are HLAL, SPRE and TSM. I’m a complete rookie so starting with relatively stable things like ETFs for now. Zoya has been an absolute game-changer in getting into investing in a Halal way. Really appreciate the efforts here!

3 Likes

:wave: Salam all, my name’s Yazin aka Halal Ninja

Started investing roughly 4 years ago, and have done pretty well so far (thanks, in no small part, to my main man Elon!). Currently working on an investment app for Muslims called Amal that we hope goes live this year inshallah!

Based in Bahrain. My favorite investment for the coming few years is a microcap called $SMTI

4 Likes

Salam,

I am Rezk (Rizq) from Egypt. I was born in Germany and also live here. I have been studying Islamic Finance for over 10 years and am constantly learning.

I have been investing in the stock market myself for over 7 years.

Mainly I invest in growth and value stocks. Zoya made the business screening easier for me. I would be happy if Zoya would also update the market capitalization regularly so that the financial screening would also be correct.

It’s nice that there is a community and you can replace each other. I hope we can all learn from each other insha’allah.

3 Likes