Sharia Compliant ETFs That Contains Crypto

Salam Alykom everyone
Is there any Sharia Compliant ETFs that contains Crypto as well?
Thanks

As-salamu Alaykum,

All cryptos are a difference of opinion and institutionally very high risk and high expense.

You might not find any good or well traded ones but there are ETFs that might be investing in companies that deal on cryptocurrencies.

For example:
ETF A will invest in Company 123 who uses, mines, and sells Cryptocurrency but the ETF won’t hold any cryptocurrency

A well known example is:
ARKK ETF from Ark Investments by Cathie Woods
The ETF deals with innovative and distributive technology
Their second biggest holding is Coinbase, which is a cryptocurrency exchange platform
The ETF does not have any Bitcoin or Ethereum

Jazakhalla khairan, as-salamu Alaykum

Thanks Maheen
Does ARKK ETF halal/Sharia compliant to invest in?
JKA

As-salam Alaykum,

I’m inclined to say no due to their holdings but it is a constant change.

Please do you due diligence in checking their holdings.

My personal choice: No
Educated decision: Please refer to Zoya app or personal due diligence

Jazakhalla khairan

1 Like

For what it’s worth, you may also want to check out the “Crypto without Crypto” basket under our new baskets feature.

1 Like

Is it possible to only buy the shariah complaint fund in an ETF in the zoya app. Would love a feature where I can buy the vanguard etf but just buy the shariah complaint stocks.

Thank you brother

Crypto today is Haram. It is purchased based on speculation that some other sucker is going to pay more for it than you paid. That is 99% of the use case. Very few transactions actually settle in crypto i.e. Bitcoin.

While there are those who provide fatwa’s to the contrary, unlike them I am not paid for my fatwa’s thus have no incentive. :slight_smile:

Disclosure, I do hold Bitcoin because I also believe in the greater fool theory.

The halving, and eft launches should create a supply demand imbalance which will push the price up.

But do I think it has any value, as of today, no. Could it one day, if enough people adopt it yes, but we are far from it. This is no different than tulip bulbs, salt, shells etc… all currencies of the past.

Lastly, we have the new BRICS digital currency that will likely have much wider adoption given its integration to SWIFT and adoption by countries that represent 60%+ of the worlds population.