Stock is no longer halal - What to do?

As salamu alaykum.

I have an important question. What do I have to do, if I own a stock and the compliance status changed from compliant to non-compliant? Do I have to sell it immediately or can I wait? What’s the ruling here?

BarakAllahu feekum

Walaikum Assalaam!

Welcome to the community @Jixaz! Great to have you with us.

We received this question in a previous discussion, and here’s the answer we covered.

1 Like

Hello brother, barakAllahu feek for your fast answer! It’s because of the financial screening, I forgot to mention that.

Pleasure, glad I’m able to provide some light.

Yeah, so in the case of financial screening, maybe it’s worth it to hold on for a little bit and see what happens. Just please keep in mind that this isn’t financial advice.

2 Likes

salam aleykoum I have a question, if I buy a share that is indicated as sharia compliant on your application but a month later it becomes non-compliant should I sell it? knowing that I want to keep my shares for life and only receive dividends? thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Assalaamu Alykum @Django!

Moved this question to this existing topic. Let us know what you think

1 Like

Unfortunately, I was little experienced when buying at the time and bought the shares with a lot of money. I didn’t know at the time that you had to sell the shares if they were no longer “halal”, otherwise I would never have invested a lot of money.

I am almost 70-80% down with some stocks and just want to wait until they are at least no longer so extreme in the downside that I can sell them. I don’t want to make a profit anyway.

As salamu alaykum