Wonder why no one talks about IGDA halal ETF?

There is an ETF called Invesco Dow Jones Islamic Global Developed Markets UCITS ETF Acc that tracks the underlying Index Dow Jones Islamic Market Developed Markets Index which has been performing pretty well over the last 10 years. I am wondering why nobody talks about this ETF when it comes to Halal ETF’s. Obviously, it is an Irish-domiciled ETF which is probably only good for European users like me. It is also follows a dividend accumulating strategy which also benefits for those like me that does not want to deal with taxes, and just wants invest money each money regularly and forget about it for 35 years.

2 Likes

Salam aleykoum,

On which broker can you find this ETF ?

Ualeikum assalam. You can find it in pretty much any broker. It is traded on London Stock Exchange and Swiss Stock Exchange https://etf.invesco.com/en/product/invesco-dow-jones-islamic-global-developed-markets-ucits-etf-acc/trading-information

IGDA is good.

The other options would be HIUS and ISUS.
Both are in GBP so for the UK investor, no FX translation costs vs IGDA which is in USD.

HIUS also does the purification for you. ISUS doesn’t-not sure about IGDA.

HIUS also has an ESG filter.

So a few good options depending on situation and preference!

1 Like

Assalamualaikum brother,

I am planning to invest in IGDA

Do you know for sure if IGDA is halal…?

Because most of the halal ETF listing sites doesn’t mention IGDA as an example for halal ETFs as they do for SPUS / HLAL / UMMA or ISUS…

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

To be honest, it’s impossible to be 100% sure if ANY of the halal ETFA are halal.
Including SPUS, HLAL etc.

We have to go on trust.

Based on that trust, IGDA is the same as SPUS HLAL etc. and I take it as halal.

1 Like

thankyou i dont know how i miss it