👋 Salaam and welcome! Who's out there?

Waalaikumsalam

I’m nur qamarul from singapore
Currently trading stocks pton, zoom and tsla

Looking forward to learn more from this community

Thanks @saad for your initiative

Baarakallahufiikum

1 Like

Assalamualaikum everyone.I am from Malaysia. I want to know if global option trading halal or not?

Salam All,

1. Rezwan here. I am an engineer who is learning everyday regarding halal investing like US stocks and crypto

2. Singapore

3. Currently excited about crypto and us stocks and currently invested in BTC, ETH and Tesla. HODL for the next decade.

1 Like

Walaikum Salam @Rashid_Lohiya!

If you are willing I would love to hear about your experience with Ethis. I’m interested in investing in their campaigns but I’m still not sure how the process actually works especially how the $ is transferred.

Jazakullah Khairan

Salaam
Name’s Nadine, from Indonesia. Looking forward to those tech stocks and also investing in local business here.

Thank you Zoya for your integration with Gotrade app, it makes me easier to find halal stocks.

1 Like

Slmz Sis,

This has been the Ethis journey thus far.
I learnt about them from the IFG website & checked out the live campaigns on the Indonesian website.
Chose which ones I wanted to invest in with the amounts (in SGD) & filled out their forms.

They recommended the money transfer agents to use for conversion from GBP to IDR, sending the funds from my account in the UK to Ethis bank account. (Cheaper than my bank).
I had to send the email for proof of transfer.

They sent me documents to sign, & they keep me updated with emails & info in my dashboard.

The campaigns are live as of now, and I will InshaAllah be re-investing my capital and any profits, rather than withdrawing/converting back to GBP.

So I have not yet experienced the withdrawal process of funds from Indonesia to the UK.

HTH

Kind regards

Rashid

1 Like

hey nice to meet you all,

1.iam mechanical engg searching for a job
2.iam from india,hyderabad
3.iam a total newbie in this thing but intrested in learning

1 Like

wsalam , great to be here

1 Like

Salaams Everyone ! My name is Salina Rahim and I’m Excited to be joining Zoya & to learn from each of you & to get into the Halal way of Investing. I’m in Higher Education Software Sales, interested in tech stocks & autonomous vehicle startups. Currently I reside in the Los Angeles area.

1 Like

As-salaamu 'alaikum / hi,
I’m Sadik and I work in Cyber Security for a Software company. I live in London, UK and I’m quite new to investing. Have a couple of property investments and some money in a index fund and etf. Haven’t purchased many individual company shares yet.

1 Like

I M Umar I work in Cyber Security field, live in VA U.S.A

Congratulations & Thanks to Zoya Team for setting up the Investment platform good to share & learn from each other.

I M holding the below stock in my portfolio.
Stock Symbol: DQ / MU / PDD / VRTX / SENS / SRNE

Stock Investment Rule: Please do your own re-search, it’s a ladder (stairs) up / down

2 Likes

My name is Mohammed AbdulKhader. Thanks for the invite to the Zoya Community. I am a corporate/ommercial Islamic Banking Professional, mostly worked in Saudi Arabia and now back to my home in Hyderabad-India. Joining Zoya to be associated with the Group with an aim of “Learn-Educate-Earn” motive with more focus areas are Islamic Finance and Halal Cryptos. I have recently completed Blockchain Foundation Course and gained sufficient knowledge in the underlying technology, on which Cryptocurrencies operate. I welcome anyone having similar interests. Best Wishes to all!

1 Like

Assalamualaikum , my name is Abd Latib. I’m from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Still working under manufacturing industry. Interested to explore knowledge on oversea shariah compliant companies. Hopefully with this community more knowledge sharing could be explored and more contacts could possibly initiated and thanks zoya for letting me in

1 Like

Salam, I’m Yamiz. I was born in the US, I speak Arabic and Mandarin. I did my MBA in Shanghai and lived there for two years.

I am located in NJ and work on Wall Street at Stifel bank in NYC. I am heavily involved in FinTech, cryptocurrency, and a big networker. I have an extensive network of FinTech professionals and I love meeting people!

For the next decade :face_with_monocle: well, I’m not exactly allowed to say since it could be taken as a solicitation, haha. So, I will use a disclaimer and say “this is not investment advice!” I am excited about Airbnb. They haven’t had a chance to shine since they IPO’d during Covid. But, as the world opens back up and becomes more globalized than ever I believe it’ll easily cross back over that $200 mark and beyond. (Truly, I’m most excited about Bitcoin).

2 Likes
  1. Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself.
  2. Where are you located?
  3. What stock (or any other investment) are you most excited about holding for the next decade?

My name is Osam Jaffery , currently going to school at Rutgers University , majoring in MIS and im interning at Reckitt as an Information Systems intern

Im located in North Jersey
and I am most excited abotu $TSLA , $PLTR , $MSFT,

1 Like

Salam all! I’m Alia, I’m somewhere between Cairo, Dubai, and NYC. I just finished undergrad in 2020 & had no clue about money & investing & felt a little overwhelmed when a (non-Muslim) friend encouraged me to invest my first salaries but downloading Zoya was such a relief!

I’m a digital consultant now and will be a grad student soon. Excited to learn from everyone here!

2 Likes

Hello Alia,
Welcome to the community.

There is an ocean to learn in investing. My reco for newbies is
(1) Do not start by putting entire savings in individual stocks. Start with the ETF or Mutual fund route if possible.
(2) Read enough to know the basics of how stocks and markets work. Peter Lynch - One Up on Wall Street - is the best book I can recommend for any level investor. Not dense and technical that you cannot grasp.
(3) Start investing slowly by maybe making a paper money portfolio and track it. or a real one but with smaller amounts put to work. Gradually increasing the $ put to work via individual stocks
(4) Keep following the companies and learning.
(5) you can also decide to continue with a majority of investments via passive ETF/Funds and a smaller portion that you handle by yourself.

Good luck

4 Likes

Salaamalikum,

1. Taha here. I’m a Mechanical Engineer from the Oil and Gas industry and currently in transition of a new job.

2. Houston, Texas

3. Excited about Blockchain and the tech industry.

1 Like

Hi i am from the uk
I am self employed
I always wanted to get into the stock markets when i was young but never knew how to in shaa ALLAH i am looking to lean from this community

1 Like

Salam all,

1. Adnan here. I’m a business intelligent analyst. Create educational content on Tiktok and Instagram (@inspiredanalyst)
  2. NY,US
  3. Crypto investment in DeFi sector.
1 Like