👋 Salaam and welcome! Who's out there?

Assalamu Alaikum

I am Fahim Ahmed from Michigan USA

I would like to thank Zoya founders, they made my work really easy for halal stock screening.

I am just an individual investor. Bullish on American equities in general

2 Likes

Walaikum Assaalam Fahim!
Great to have you with us and thanks for the recognition. Feel free to post a question or bring up a new topic to get a discussion started :smiley:

1 Like

HTZZ HTZZW ONTX LCID this stocks are Halal? Zoya apps are not available

Hey Fahim,

So looks like a combination of OTC and some fresh IPOs. At Zoya doesn’t offer support for OTC stocks, but we dope hope to offer support for some of the most popular ones at some point. As for companies that has only been listed recently, it takes a couple of months before we’re able to provide a report. This is something that we’re looking to optimize as well. We’ve seen plenty of interest in LCID over the past little bit so we understand how important this is for Zoyans.

Assalam alaikum yall!

1. I’m Mubashir, and I work as an electrical engineer in the power markets industry. I recently got started into investing, and realized the importance of educating myself about the halal/haraam of it, and the compliance side of things

2. Based in Houston

3. Long duration (electrical) energy storage! Basically, new battery tech. Will disrupt the energy industry in a big way and help transition to renewables. Though right now, that’s only lithium stocks and a new experimental stock GWH
    Also, EV stocks.

2 Likes

Walaikum Assalam Mubashir!

Welcome the Forum. We’re definitely seeing a rise in interest in renewables and battery stocks amongst Zoyans recently. I’m wondering if investing in renewables is a part of a larger ethical philosophy or a sector you’ve identified for growth. I dropped a link for a poll and discussion we’ve got rolling in the topic.

Beyond that I’m looking forward to seeing you around :smiley:

1 Like

As salaamu alaykum. I’m Maliki from Brooklyn, NY (Moving to England soon Inshaa) I’ve been investing in HLAL, SPUS & SPRE and recently got into SOXQ & NULG since I looked over their compliance review. I want to see if there’s any fairly new stocks like LCID that are affordable and are Shariah Compliant to invest in.

1 Like

JazakAllah khair @Frhaann !
It’s both actually. It’s easier for me to make investments in energy because I follow stuff closely, due to work. And there is the ethical motive too.
Also, possibly extra sawab in there too (because it will help society as a whole), InshaAllah!

Walaikum As Salaam Maliki!

Love that you’ve been able to take advantage of the ETF screener. Thanks so much for taking the time to introduce yourself formally haha. Looking forward to seeing you around more.

Salam,

Thanks for building this platform and community!

1. Edrees, studied engineering, management, and ethics; lost my life savings at an “Islamic” bank so I try to take this shariah-compliance stuff seriously xD
  2. Currently located in Houston, TX
  3. I’m new to the markets, like COVID capitulation 2020 new. Still learning. Was into equities until I lost my life savings in the bank and realized banks are no bueno, so when I learned about crypto, I went all in. Highly recommend this Bitcoin Standard Podcast episode with Harris Irfan on the Most Islamic Form of Money

Excited about $XNO (formerly $NANO) as it could become the de facto payment settlement solution for FX markets (~$7 Tn daily ); if it captures just 1% of that, its price would >100x from here!

Also Forex trading could become halal if the transactions are settled on the spot and the actual currencies are exchanged^

2 Likes

Assalamualaikum warahamatullah. I am Amina Idris, a Nigerian Muslimah by birth and residency, a nurse/midwife working with an international NGO in Zamfara state of Nigeria. I joined Zoya early last year while looking for information about halal investments. I am also following updates from other Islamic investment platform like Islamic finance guru and Islamicly, though I hardly contribute any research works or recommendations. I am a novice in the business world as most of my earnings come as salary. I really hope to actively participate in this community, learn a lot and have halal plus secure investment plans through Zoya.
I am envisaging holding Exxon Mobil and Tesla stocks long term. I hope to hold Bitcoins and Ethereum long term too. Any other promising halal stock will be considered inshaa Allah.

4 Likes

Nazmul Hasan Jabir

Currently located in Budapest.

I work in an investment bank. I studied Master’s in Finance. Currently investing in halal stocks of EV, IT, Healthcare, REIT, Energy sector. In addition, my portfolio has some halal cryptocurrencies.

2 Likes

Salaams everyone!

New to this community and so glad Zoya exists! May Allah reward the founders and the entire team for this amazing work.

My name is Malak. I’m a financial coach who helps Muslim women manage and invest their money in a halal way. I do1-1 coaching, group coaching, and masterclasses, and now alhamdillah I’m a contributing author to Zoya’s blogs.

I’m from California but currently in London, UK doing my Master’s degree.

Would love to connect! The platform I’m most active on is Instagram. You can find my Instagram page here @malakfinancialcoach

Love this community and looking forward to learning from you all!

4 Likes

Sallam! I’m new here what do you love about the platform?

Walaykum assalam Gemi! Are you referring to Zoya? Why I like this platform?

Assalam-o-alaikum,

1. My name is Talal. I am a hematologist/oncologist.
  2. I am from NY.
  3. Hard to pick one. I am interested in any long term investment.
1 Like

Assalamu Alaikum everyone.
I am Zeyad currently located in Kuwait. I stumbled across this platform following Sheikh Bradford who recommended it.

Honestly, I have no idea how stock markets work and what the technical terms like hold and stake etc mean. So I am a newbie but very motivated and ready to keep learning inshaa Allah

2 Likes

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah everyone.

1. My name is Hamza, I manage a couple of businesses including an import/export business in China, a stationery and office supplies brand as well as an industrial bakery.
  2. Guangzhou, China (planning a relocation overseas soon)
  3. Long term investments
2 Likes

Walaikum Assalaam Hamza,

Great to have you with us.

How’re things in China?

Walaikum Assalaam Zeyad,

Great to have you with us! So sorry it took me this long to greet you.

Let me know if you have any specific questions regarding investing. There are plenty of smart and capable investors in this community who are always reading around.

If you haven’t already, the Zoya Blog is full of ideas too.