šŸ‘‹ Salaam and welcome! Who's out there?

Ismail

You are starting at a young age. Thatā€™s most of the battle won :slight_smile:

Few secrets of investing

1. time in market > timing the market.
    Save and invest at regular intervals once you start earning.

2. let compounding and markets do the heavy lifting. Let your money compound for decades.

Drops and crashes will occur. Donā€™t sell in panic.

Good luck. individual stock picking can be fun and enriching. But it takes effort. If you put in the effort you will figure it out.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tips Adib, Iā€™ll keep an open eye for more.

1 Like

Assalamualaikum everybody. My nameā€™s Azlifah, from Singapore. Iā€™m slowly starting my finance journey and Iā€™m really excited about seeing how cryptocurrencies play out in the future.

1 Like

Jazakullah Khairan for sharing your experience, gives me positive news.

InshaAllah Iā€™ll come back to share my experience once Iā€™ve subscribed to the program!

1 Like

Hello all!
My name is Kamil, I live in Singapore. Iā€™m originally from Turkey. Iā€™m glad that this community exists. Looking forward to invest more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Asalaamu alaikum everyone!

1. My nameā€™s Atifa, Iā€™m a recent grad from CUNY and co-founder of Al Majarra Studios, a Muslim TV & Film production company.
  2. If CUNY didnā€™t give it away, Iā€™m from New York, USA.
  3. Looking at TSLA, SPUS, AAPL performance at the moment. InshaAllah maybe my company can go public in the next decade, too :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Salaam, everyone!

Iā€™m Bilal, the CTO and co-founder of Zoya. Iā€™ve been mostly behind the scenes until now, but Iā€™m excited to announce that Iā€™ll be working on Zoya full-time as of today. Youā€™ll be hearing a lot more from me going forward. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s been incredibly humbling to see the outpouring of support and feedback weā€™ve gotten from the community since we launched. FinTech has changed the world in recent years, but the Muslim audience has been relatively neglected. Iā€™m honored by the opportunity to help the ummah and make the world a better place, inshaAllah.

Who are you? Tell us a little about yourself.

Iā€™m a software engineer with around a decade of experience. Outside of tech, I enjoy hiking, bouldering, and woodworking.

Where are you located?

I live in the Seattle area. Itā€™s a blessing to wake up each day surrounded by mountains.

What stock (or any other investment) are you most excited about holding for the next decade?

I generally stick to investing in companies that I myself am a customer of and have faith in their vision/products. Thatā€™s not financial advice or anything, just something that I personally choose to do.

Bilal Quadri
Co-Founder & CTO, Zoya

5 Likes

Salam alaykum warahmotullah wabarakatuh. My name is Ibraheem and I am happy to be here. I look forward to learning and sharing from and with every great mind here.

2 Likes

Salaam my name is Gulam Muhamad
Iā€™m a Imam in my local town in England
Also a teacher in a full time boys Islamic boarding school
I like zoya Mashallah doing great work
Hoping to learn from other brothers
Currently investing in many stocks most time I stick to swing trades and long in Tesla

2 Likes

Also my advice is never be greedy
Have a strategy in place
Keep targets
And do a bit of home work before putting in company
As other brother mentioned they will be ups and downs donā€™t panic and donā€™t let it play over your mind
Always remember sustenance Allah will provide inshallah
What is meant for you it will reach you even if itā€™s beneath 2 mountains
And whatā€™s not meant for us it wonā€™t reach us even if itā€™s between our lips
( hadeeth )

4 Likes

Assalamu alaikum

My name is Norlaila. I am a small business owner and mother of 3 kids from Seattle, Washington USA. I donā€™t have too much experience with stocks so not sure what Iā€™m excited about other than halal investing for my childrenā€™s savings. My husband takes care of the bulk of investing for all of us. Grateful that there is a platform like this for Muslims to rely on and I pray for the highest success of Zoya.

Jazakum Allahu khairan.

3 Likes

Assalamualaikum everyone
Wanted to introduce ourselves.
My wife and I are property investors based in Australia, but growing a portfolio in the UK (yes, remotely!) :call_me_hand: We started with BTLs/rentals in Scotland and now focusing on bigger projects in Northern England. We also invest in the Malaysian and US stock market.
We are investing part-time alongside our medical careers, I am a doctor and my wife is a hospital pharmacist. Looking to network with like-minded investors so please feel free to follow us on social media.

3 Likes

Salam Everyone!

My name is Afiq, and iā€™m based in Singapore. Iā€™ve been helping my community with Personal Islamic Finance (of which thereā€™s a growing interest here) and investing has been a passion of mine, more so now with Halal Investing.

Looking forward to learning here, and sharing all that iā€™ve learnt to my community at home.

Just for fun, if you google Fuss Free Finance, thats me (unless you found the Australian commercial loan company which shares the same name)

-Afiq

3 Likes

Walaikum Assalaam Afiq!
Great to have onboard. Looking forward to having you with us!

1 Like

Abdullah here, from Pakistan invested in biopharma startups and recently got into DAO, web3 and blockchain technology
PS learning and trying my best to keep things halaal

2 Likes

Hey Assalaamu Alaikum Abdullah!
Welcome to the community! Iā€™ve been looking at DAO and other blockchain stuff. Fascinating stuff. Howā€™s that going for you? Looking forward to seeing you around :smiley:

A post was split to a new topic: Investing in DAOs

Assalamu Alaikum

I am Fahim Ahmed from Michigan USA

I would like to thank Zoya founders, they made my work really easy for halal stock screening.

I am just an individual investor. Bullish on American equities in general

2 Likes

Walaikum Assaalam Fahim!
Great to have you with us and thanks for the recognition. Feel free to post a question or bring up a new topic to get a discussion started :smiley:

1 Like

HTZZ HTZZW ONTX LCID this stocks are Halal? Zoya apps are not available